Every high school student at CVCA has his or her own guidance counselor. If you have a general question for the Guidance Office, or if the student stops in with a general question and the assigned counselor is not available, one of the other counselors will certainly step in and take the question.
Periodically, each counselor will check the academic progress of the students in his or her group. We will work with you during the school year to help students get the academic support they need.
What are colleges and universities looking for when they read your application? More than just your GPA and test scores are taken into account. Your character also matters to a college. They consider your goals, accomplishments, and personal values. Figuring out how you can best express all of this is where our department comes in to help!
Our Mission Is To
• Let students know they are God’s workmanship
• Help students be good stewards of the gifts, abilities, and talents God has entrusted to them
• Help students pursue God-given gifts, dreams, and abilities at a college that is the “right fit
Applying to Colleges/Naviance
Naviance is a program used by high schools and colleges to assist with college and career research and the college application process. CVCA uses Naviance as a tool to send application materials to colleges (including transcripts and recommendation letters) and to track where our students apply. Log in to your Naviance account on a regular basis!
ACT & SAT Tests, PSAT, and Test Prep Opportunities
• Register for the ACT & SAT More >>
• CVCA Test Prep Classes
• PSAT/NMSQT: Practice SAT for grades 10 and 11
• PSAT: Practice SAT for 8th and 9th grades
Current Student Information
There are several ways for students to gain college credit while at CVCA. Take a look HERE >>