Every high school student at CVCA has his or her own Guidance Counselor. Each counselor periodically checks the academic progress of the students in his or her group, and works with them throughout the school year to make sure they get the academic support they need.
Our mission in the Guidance Office is to:
- Let students know they are God’s workmanship
- Help students be good stewards of the gifts, abilities, and talents God has entrusted to them
- Help students pursue God-given gifts, dreams, and abilities at a college that is the “right fit”
What are colleges and universities looking for when they read your application? More than just your GPA and test scores are taken into account. They also consider your goals, accomplishments, character, and personal values. Figuring out how you can best express all of this is where our department comes in to help! Our Director of College Placement is here to guide our juniors and seniors through the often-complicated college application and decision process.
Where are our graduates going to college?
The Class of 2018:
- They are attending 45 different colleges/universities, with one-third of those being Christian colleges/universities.
- 1 student is attending the U.S. Naval Academy Prep School.
- The class was awarded over $13 million in total college scholarships.
- 9% are attending a “Top 100 Best College” from the 2018 US News and World Report National University Rankings and 49% are attending a “Best College” from the same report*.