Every high school student at CVCA has his or her own guidance counselor. If you have a general question for the guidance office, or if the student stops in with a general question and the assigned counselor is not available, one of the other counselors will certainly step in and take the question.
Periodically, each counselor will check the academic progress of the students in his or her group. We will work with you during the school year to help students get the academic support that they need.
What are colleges looking for when they read your application? More than just your GPA and test scores are taken into account. Your character also matters to a college. They consider your: Goals, Accomplishments, and Personal values. Figuring out how you can best express all of this is where our department comes in to help!
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” – Ephesians 2:10
Our Mission Is To
- Let students know they are God’s workmanship
- Help students to be good stewards of the gifts, abilities, and talents that God has entrusted to them
- Help students pursue God-given gifts, dreams, and abilities at a college that is the “right fit”
Applying to Colleges/Naviance
Naviance is a program used by many high schools and colleges to assist with college and career research and the college application process. CVCA uses Naviance as a tool to send application materials to colleges (including transcripts and recommendation letters) and to track where our students are applying. Login to your Naviance Account on a regular basis!
ACT & SAT Tests, PSAT, & Test Prep Opportunities
- Register for the ACT & SAT More >>
- CVCA Test Prep Classes
- PSAT/NMSQT: Practice SAT for 10th and 11th grade students
- PSAT: Practice SAT for 8th and 9th grades