CVCA Spiritual Life
What We Believe
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and conduct.
- We believe in the one Triune God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son , and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; in His virgin birth; in His sinless life; in His miracles; in His atonement for our sins by His blood, shed when He died for us; in His bodily resurrection; in His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and in His personal, bodily, visible, imminent return to earth to establish His kingdom in power and glory.
- We believe in the literal account of creation, and that the Scriptures clearly teach that man was created by a special, immediate, formative act of God; that Adam and Eve sinned, and thereby brought on themselves not only physical death, but also spiritual death - separation from God; and that all human beings are born with this sinful nature.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; that He rose again for our justification; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood, and are saved by grace through faith, wholly apart from human merit and works.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; the saved to a life of eternal glory in heaven and the unsaved to eternal damnation.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe that the primary goal of every Christian is to glorify the name of Jesus Christ in all that we do; therefore, we should separate ourselves from all practices and influences which hinder a Spirit-filled life.
- We believe it is the privilege and the responsibility of every believer to do his or her utmost to give the Gospel of Christ to the whole world.
- We believe that the true, universal Church includes all believers in Christ during this present age, and is the body and bride of Christ, of which He is the Head.
- We recognize God as the Creator of all things, and Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of all who acknowledge Him as Lord.
- We hold that the Knowledge of God is the beginning of wisdom, that fellowship with God is the basis for true fellowship with one another, that each student is uniquely created by God as a physical, intellectual, social, and spiritual being and is endowed with particular talents.
- Therefore, the aim of the Academy, functioning as an extension of the home and church, is to aid each student to grow in understanding of God and man, developing all of his capabilities to the highest degree, in order that he may become mature and complete, living life in its fullest in Christ.