Submit Signature by August 22
The 2017-2018 Student/Parent Handbook is currently available digitally in ParentsWeb. At least one parent and every student should read the handbook. Signature pages must be submitted to first period teachers by Tuesday, August 22. Per our policy: Students will not be permitted to attend classes beginning Wednesday, August 23 if this form remains unsigned. We have attached a signature page for you to return after you have read through the S/P handbook. Questions? See the School Contact Information on page 3 of the CVCA Student/Parent Handbook for the best person to answer your questions.
Student Class Schedules will be available by Friday, August 4.
All student drivers are required to register their car in the Main Office. Permits are available for $70 starting Monday, August 7. If your student is planning to use your local school district’s bussing, please contact the transportation department to make arrangements, or view the forms below. If you have any questions, please contact the transportation department.
Important Calendar Dates
- New Student/Parent Orientation: Thursday, August 10 More >>
- Jumpstart (7th graders only): Monday-Wednesday, August 14-16 (No school for 7th grade on Thursday, August 17) More >>
- Assimilation Day: Monday, August 14 (all new students and all 8th grade and 9th grade) More >>
- First Day of School: Tuesday, August 15
- Parent Back-to-School Night: Thursday, August 24 at 7:00 p.m. More >>
- New Family Tailgate: Friday, September 1 More >>
We have several new faculty members this year. They each come to CVCA as highly qualified educators, and we are blessed to have them join the CVCA team!
- Anna Foti is joining the CVCA faculty as our new 2D Art teacher. She has earned a BFA from Cleveland Institute of Art and a Masters in Art Education from Case Western Reserve University. She is highly trained, and comes to CVCA from her most recent teaching post at Beaumont School in Cleveland. Anna has a remarkable student portfolio, and we are thrilled to have her join the team.
- Scott Iannetta ’93 comes to CVCA with a wealth of experience (17 years) at Valley Christian Academy where he was a highly valued middle school teacher and principal. He is a graduate of The University of Akron (B.S.) and Marygrove College (M.A.). In a year of transition, Scott will serve as the Learning Commons Director, and a 7th grade lead teacher. We are excited about his willingness to help create and lead our new middle school program with the addition of 6th grade in 2018-2019. Scott’s son Jackson is a sophomore at CVCA and Jillian is an incoming freshman, while Joshua is a 5th grader at VCA.
- Abigail Kulton is a recent graduate of The University of Akron where she studied English Education. She is passionate about Christian Education and will teach 10th and 12th grade English classes. Abby is also recently married and comes to CVCA with a vast amount of experiences that have prepared her well to be a rising educational star.
- As a 2011 CVCA graduate, Lauren O’Brien is not new to CVCA. She is joining the Social Studies department and teaching Modern American History along with a section of Economics. Previously, Lauren taught at Mansfield Christian School where she successfully managed teaching five different preps of high school Social Studies! Lauren studied at Grove City College where she earned a B.A. in secondary education. It is a privilege to have Lauren returning to CVCA.
- Michaela Toburen is a graduate of Grove City College. She studied Biology Secondary Education and was a tremendous college athlete (pole vault and soccer). Michaela served as a long-term substitute this past semester at Solon City High School teaching AP Biology. She is passionate about Christian Education and making an impact in the lives of students. We are confident she will be a wonderful addition to the Science department.
- Advertising for a Bible position garners a massive amount of resumes from highly qualified individuals. However, John Wilson ’12 won the day. John studied at Moody Bible Institute (B.A. in Biblical Studies) and has been teaching at Chicago Hope Academy. He is a gifted worship leader, mentor, and has a heart for students. John will be teaching 8th grade Bible.